Thursday, January 14, 2016

Living LARGE: Jillian



How did you feel before DBC?
Before DBC I was miserable!  I put on a happy face for everyone, but inside I was dying.  I didn't even recognize the person standing in front of me when I looked in the mirror.  For so long I just told myself.... I'm not that big, but I knew I was, and just didn't know how to change!!!

Remember when you started this journey? How does your weight loss journey now compare to what you thouht going into it? 
I knew this had to be it for me!  If I was going to be given this opportunity, I was going to commit!  In the beginning it was easy, I was so determined and the weight was coming off fast.  The more time that goes on, and weight loss has slowed, I realize that there is no end to this. This is my new life.  I am a very visual person.  If I can see the beginning and the end, I am all in..... I think knowing there is no end, is the is hardest part mentally for me.  But I feel so much better, and choosing this hard will always win over the miserable girl I was before!   

Notice she's wearing the same shirt, one year apart! Just fits a little differently :)

What has been your biggest "Aha" or breakthrough moment? 
My biggest Aha moment has been realizing that most healthy, fit people work for it every day!  I think I had the idea that I was just out of luck when it came to the good body department.  SO not true!  But now I am on my way to that, and I am loving working out and feeling strong! 
What are you most proud of/grateful for so far?
I am most proud of the fact that I haven't quit!  That's what I love so much about DBC and the State of Slim program.  It gives you the tools you need both physically and mentally to make this a lifestyle.  The support from other people going through the same thing as I am is very motivating!

If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering this journey, what would it be?
To anyone who is considering going to DBC or doing State of Slim, my advice is jump in with both feet and never look back!  I can promise you along with all the other people who have been through this program, it will truly change your life!  

How do you feel now? 
Today I feel, confident, strong, happy, healthy and so much more knowledgeable about my health and what my body needs to be at its best!!!  I can't wait to see how much better I can feel when I have reached my weight loss goal!!

What has been the most valuable part of DBC?
The most valuable part of DBC to me has been the wealth of information we are taught.  Anyone can give you an exercise and eating plan.  But DBC is like a year long therapy session for my food addiction!  The support you have after you leave Anschutz is immeasurable!!! 

How has this journey changed your life? 
This journey has changed my life in so many ways.  I am finally living life, instead of watching it from the sidelines!  I am actively participating with my children, am a better wife and mother, and am finally truly happy again!  I will never be able to say thank you enough for having been given this opportunity!  The best is yet to come :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment