Monday, January 11, 2016

Living LARGE: Mickey

Meet Mickey! 

 Before


How did you feel before DBC?  
I had already started to lose weight, but I felt alone.  I had lost a major amount of weight at least twice in my life, but I never had a plan for how to keep it off.  Throughout my life is was either on a diet or eating.  Before Destination Boot Camp, I was not confident that I would reach my goal or that I could keep my weight off and I also felt that I was on this weight loss journey alone.

Before


Remember when you started this journey? How does your weight loss journey now compare to what you thouht going into it? 
I thought this journey would be only about weight loss, I did not realize that it was going to change me as much as it did.  I am finding my purpose in life, and this journey has made me a better person.  I never imagined that I would form such bonds with my teammates and how much we care for each other.

I strongly believe that I am for the first time in my life not on a diet but on a plan.  I am learning how to eat, the changes in the scale do to what I eat (including my indulgence meals) and most importantly I am learning how to eat.  I tell everyone that I have never eaten so much food and lost this much weight.

NOW!


What has been your biggest "Aha" or breakthrough moment?  
During boot camp my aha moment was the “How do you want to be day” – I realized I wanted to be strong, fit and not be out of shape.  My “aha” moments now are that I am learning how to eat like a “normal” person, most people who are at healthy weight do not each junk every day, and I now know that the key to success for me is food prep.

What are you most proud of/grateful for so far? 
I am grateful for so many things, Dr. Holly, DBC, Kristin Speaker – my coach, my teammates, for having been given the opportunity to experience DBC, for being given every single tool I need to lose weight and maintain my weight loss.  I have a food plan, an exercise plan, a support group and I was given such an enormous amount of  mental support at boot camp and throughout the next phase to put me in the right mind set to lose weight.

If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering this journey, what would it be?
Just do it! You have nothing to lose except weight. What I would really say is that this plan works.  I would also tell them that I knew I needed help as I was never successful in losing weight and maintaining the weight loss on my own but with all that I have learned from DBC I am confident that I will be successful – I already am successful.

What has been the most valuable part of DBC?  
I have a plan in place for the rest of my life!  

How has this journey changed your life? 
The have been so many changes in how I live my life.  I who picked up food or ordered in now food prep.  I was ALWAYS an evening person I now choose to go to the gym at 6:30 or 7 am!  I am trying to take care of myself.  I am definitely a more grateful person.  I feel empowered and confident.  This journey has made my entire life better.  It has even made me a better manager at work, as I really want to mentor the people in my department and them excel.  I am a much better person!!!

How do you feel now? 
I feel happy and empowered.

Are you ready to change your life? Check out State of Slim and Destination Boot Camp to jump start your transformation.

No comments :

Post a Comment