Friday, July 10, 2015

Destination Boot Camp Success Story: Tierannye


At the end of every Extreme Weight LossTM episode, participants are given the opportunity to Pay it Forward and give someone in their life an opportunity to come see me at CU's Anschutz Health & Wellness Center at Extreme Weight Loss: Destination Boot Camp to have a powerful transformation experience of their own. It's my favorite part of the show, hands down. 

Last October, all of the Pay it Forward folks came out to Colorado for a week-long weight loss intensive. They took those tools home and have continued to change their lives. I wanted to highlight some of their stories. So today, meet Tierannye. Her friend, Brandi Mallory from EWL Season 4 nominated her for DBC and I'm so glad she did! She's a fighter, inside and out. She completely committed to this process, has put in the work, and I couldn't be more proud of her! If you want to come to Destination Boot Camp, sign up here. Spots are still open!



What was the moment like when you realized your friend nominated you to go to DBC?
Scary!!!! I had no idea. I thought Brandi & I shared everything but clearly she had something up her sleeves! I was nervous, but excited. I knew that this was the moment I would be able to take charge of my life. But was I ready? 

How did you you feel before DBC?
Before Destination Boot Camp, I was miserable. I was unhappy with almost every aspect of my life. I'm a true food addict! I eat when I'm happy, sad, depressed, the list goes on. I just wanted to catch a break, I want to be the old happy Tierannye. I prayed that something would happen to change me, transform my life and everything around me. 

When did you realize you were actually transforming?
I realized I was ready to transform while I was at DBC. It was the day we went on our hike. I gained my life back that day, and I'll never forget it. The day of the hike is the day I realized I was ready to transform but the day I realized I was actually transforming was when I actually saw and felt the transformation! I began to get my happy back, compliments started flowing, my clothes started to get entirely too big, the desire to have unhealthy foods wasn't has strong as it used to be (please know, the desires don't disappear), ultimately I was just living life! All of this happening showed me that DBC is not just all talk, it really helped transform my life. It helped transform me! 

Tierannye on the hike at DBC
How do you feel now?
Right now? I feel good! Don't get me wrong, there are definitely times where I'm completely over it. But the good days outweigh the bad days and I just get to it! I know that God placed this opportunity in front of me for my good and that's exactly what has happened. I love the connection I've made with my Alpha Gladiators, Dr. Holly, & Bob Brenner! Dr. Holly will never let me go. There was a time when I thought I was getting away...I thought wrong! I love her dedication towards the program, but most of all her dedication towards each of us as individuals! She's like my best friend in my head! :) 

What are you most proud of with your transformation journey?
That I'm not where I use to be! The things I've done within this year of DBC, is a totally a different Tierannye. I would have never done half of the things I've done. My proudest moment was completing my 6 month milestone. Brandi Mallory (EWL Season 4) and I completed a 5K Muddy Duck Run. Everyone who knows me knows how I feel about my hair, and being dirty! Dr. Holly has always told us that "Success happens outside of your comfort zone!", so what better way to be successful than to get down & dirty!  I had the time of my life throughout the race, at one point I was purposely rolling around in mud to get dirtier! That moment is something that will forever make me proud, and no one can take that away from me. 



What is the biggest lesson/takeaway you've had through DBC?
My biggest lesson/ takeaway is to trust the process but to trust yourself as well. I had to get my mind in the game and believe in myself and know that I am stronger than I once was. Know and believe that it's not going to be an easy journey, but it would be worth it in the end. When you trust the process....it really happens! DBC isn't just a week in Denver, a year on program, the weekly/biweekly conference calls, but a lifelong journey! I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity and for Dr. Holly who believes in me and pushes me to be the best me! Mission Sexy Beast isn't complete until my goal is met....so stayed tuned! 

"Extreme Weight Loss," "Extreme Weight Loss: Destination Boot Camp" and "Destination Boot Camp" are each a trademark of 3 Ball Entertainment LLC and are used under license. All rights reserved.

2 comments :

  1. This text is worth everyone’s attention. How can I find out more? Really great news!!! this information is well worth looking everyone. Good tips.
    ____________________________
    Weight Loss Santa Fe

    ReplyDelete
  2. “CampingThings” simply aims to share the best camping equipment reviews and trekking experiences to help you get more out of getting out more… (see what we did there). Please get involved, tell us about your best adventures, secret camping spots and latest camping gadgets and equipment. Best lantern

    ReplyDelete