Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Destination Boot Camp Success Story: Ken

Over the next few weeks, I'm highlighting people who have embraced the power of transformation on their weight loss journey. Some of them are just starting out, others are successfully maintaining their goal weight, while others are still in the process of reaching their goal. 

Today, I want you to meet Ken. He's one of my Destination Boot Campers who started out this March and is still on the road!



1. How did you feel before DBC?  

Health wise.  Fine.  I had the typical struggles of a morbidly obese person:  blood rushing to head when you try to tie your shoes, not being able to clamp my own ski boots, terrible chaffing when walking more than 1/4 mile, having to rock a time or two to get out of a chair.  Lots of other issues of a similar nature.  But in general, denial that it was a real problem.  

With respect to how I felt about the likelihood of DBC working - very pessimistic.  Thought it was to hype a book meant to generate revenue.  

2. Remember when you started this journey? How does your weight loss journey now compare to what you thought going into it? 

WAY EASIER than I thought it would be!  I thought I would be terribly hungry ALL THE TIME and having to eat stuff I really didn't like.  The opposite is true - I often had to force myself to eat per the program.  Six meals ... if my sixth meal wasn't the almond vanilla protein shake (I considered a treat!) I may not have been as successful.  

3. What has been your biggest "Aha" or breakthrough moment? 

Surrendering!  I am a very analytical person and always want to do it my way.  So from the very beginning I decided to go all in.  

4. What are you most proud of/grateful for so far?

The pride of my family in my transformation.  

5. If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering this journey, what would it be?  

From the great philosopher Nike: "Just do it!".  

6. How do you feel now? 

I feel the same with more stamina, better attitude, better outlook on life.  Recently did a Triathlon ... never thought I would do that! 

7. What has been the most valuable part of DBC?  

The staff.  I love my coach (don't share this with her. It will just go to her head - JK).  All of the staff are more than employees.  They are part of a team, and are genuine, kind, and caring perople.  EXCEPT when Peggy calls me out in an airport and makes me give her 25 push-ups.  Not sure what I did ... you can share this with her!!!! :)

8. How has this journey changed your life?  

After my DBC experience, I encouraged (demanded!) my wife go to the june DBC camp.  She's been with me for the last six months and keeps me on track.  It has strengthened our marriage.   

8 comments :

  1. Just bought the book for kindle. My big (but smaller than before) brother is an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s Great
    Your post is much knowledgeable for me.
    If you looking weight loss treatment... this is a good site you should visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. AcademicExperts.com is a company that provides writing assistance in such disciplines as law, finance and economics. The decision to focus only on a few disciplines was a deliberate one: to provide its customers with the highest quality of services and to deliver impeccable results. The service is aimed at helping undergraduates craft well-written law and finance papers, and is used by students from the most prominent colleges in the United States of America, Canada, Britain and Australia.
    academic experts


    ReplyDelete

  4. AcademicExperts.com is a company that provides writing assistance in such disciplines as law, finance and economics. The decision to focus only on a few disciplines was a deliberate one: to provide its customers with the highest quality of services and to deliver impeccable results. The service is aimed at helping undergraduates craft well-written law and finance papers, and is used by students from the most prominent colleges in the United States of America, Canada, Britain and Australia.
    best academic writing companies



    ReplyDelete
  5. Watches area unit crafted from a range of materials, however, metal is associate degree incomparable favorite once it involves ancient vogue. Metal watches area unit most well-liked for his or her sturdiness and unaltered attractiveness. stainless-steel is one amongst the foremost well-liked and reasonable metals utilized in watchmaking, favored for its sturdiness. Silver and gold-toned metal watches lend to unbeatable class. flick thru our complete assortment of metal watches for men, women, and youngsters at Myntra. you're bound to realize variety of gorgeous timepieces to feature to your watch rack.
    watch accessories

    ReplyDelete